Have you ever felt your chin needed a fuller appearance? If you would like natural looking results and the procedure is appropriate for you, chin implants can help compliment the rest of the features of the face.
This aesthetic implant will be created especially for you. Tailored to achieve the result you want, a chin implant will typically result in a more pronounced appearance; changing the profile, strengthening the jawline, and correcting any symmetrical issues in one simple procedure.
The doctor is a genioplasty expert and has offered their expertise in providing the following step-by-step guide so you know what to expect and how long it should all take:
- During your consultation, you will discuss your goals, what is a realistic expectation, and if you are a suitable candidate for the procedure.
- X-rays of your face and chin will be taken.
- After you get your results back, the doctor will discuss with you the best options for implants. There are many different types of implants and ways they can be done. No matter what type of implant you choose, anesthesia will be used for the most comfortable experience possible.
- Depending on your individual needs, the procedure will typically last between 1-2 hours.
- Numbing, bruising, and swelling are all normal after a chin implant procedure. The process of recovery typically lasts between 1-2 weeks, and all side effects should resolve within a few weeks to a few months at the longest. Your doctor will discuss what you should expect after the operation, so you are fully prepared and know what to expect.
- Depending on the materials used, a chin implant can last the rest of your life.
Are there risks?
It is important to remember that with any surgical procedure, there are always risks involved. If you are concerned about any potential risks, be sure to discuss them and any other questions with the doctor.
Make sure that you are involved in every step of your care. Inform our facial aesthetics doctor in 60619 of any medications you are taking and tell them about any allergies you may have. If you need support, or are experiencing anxiety about the procedure, ask a trusted family member or close friend to accompany you when you see the doctor.
Your health and safety is always our priority. If you do decide to get cosmetic surgery, we can assure that you are in good hands and on the right path to positive results.
Contact our facial aesthetics office in Chicago, IL and schedule your consultation today.