If you have ever experienced acne, you might be left with some frustrating acne scars. With laser acne scar removal, our facial aesthetics doctor in Chicago can help blast the scars away. It is one of the most powerful and effective ways to get smooth, clear skin.
Our highly effective laser system can help you get rid of acne scars from your teenage years. This non-surgical procedure can remove 50 to 80% of scar tissue in just one hour. Patients can usually return to their daily activities immediately after the procedure.
Those who have struggled with scarring for years can now renew their appearance and achieve higher levels of self-confidence with a healthier look. The following are some common questions about acne scars and laser scar removal:
How does acne scarring occur?
Severe acne breakouts can cause serious skin damage. The protein collagen, which makes up the structure and shape of your skin, helps your body repair itself. During our youth, collagen keeps our skin wrinkle-free. There are times when the collagen in your body can completely heal the affected area without affecting your skin’s color or texture. But in the case of acne scars, the healing process was incomplete. Therefore, the scars on your face remain visible.
Acne breakouts can sometimes cause scabs. Eventually, the scabs will fall off, revealing new skin underneath. It may be the same color as the skin around it, or it may be different. If it is different, you will have a scar. Fortunately, laser acne scar treatment helps your body finish the healing process it began.
What are the different types of acne scars?
Acne scars are not all the same. They vary greatly in shape and appearance. Here are some types of scars you might notice after a particularly tough acne battle:
- Boxcar Scars Your skin can be affected by these scars at varying levels of depth. These scars have a wide, sharp edge and appear as U-shaped marks.
- Ice Pick Scars Often, these scars are very deep. Occasionally, they can resemble chicken pox scars because they create small, round perforations in the skin.
- Rolling Scars This type of scar causes wide indentations in the skin. In general, the marks it leaves on your skin are round and have a “rolling” appearance.
What are the benefits of laser acne scar removal?
- Removing damaged tissue In this procedure, a specialist uses a laser wand to remove acne scars from the skin’s surface. Light from the wand removes the damaged layers of your skin. After your skin has grown back, the new cells will show less evidence of the acne that was present. As a result, both the color and texture of your scars will be improved.
- Using the Blood Vessels in Your Skin By reaching deep into your skin’s blood vessels, laser acne removal technology can be used to reduce scar discoloration. It minimizes the contrast between your scarred area and the rest of your face.
- Stimulation of Collagen Production The laser can stimulate collagen production when it penetrates deeply into your skin. This will allow your body to heal your skin on its own.
How Safe Is The Treatment?
Laser treatments are a non-invasive way to improve acne scars. They involve equipment specifically designed for cosmetic purposes and are FDA approved. With lasers, the deeply scarred areas of your skin can be treated without affecting the surrounding tissues.
How Long Will It Take for Me to Recover After This Treatment?
There is no need to plan a lot of downtime after this procedure. Following treatment, most people can return to work or school the next day. After treatment, your skin usually regenerates within three to ten days. During this period, you may see significant initial improvements followed by gradual improvements.
Following your laser acne scar removal procedure, there are some measures you can take to help your skin adjust more quickly. For example, you should avoid sun exposure and refrain from wearing makeup for a couple of days. Skincare recommendations also include washing your face daily and keeping the treated area moisturized.
Is this treatment suitable for everyone?
All types and tones of skin can benefit from Laser Acne Scar Removal. You may find this treatment particularly helpful if you have trouble treating breakouts. If you spent a long time recovering from acne, your scarring may be more extensive. In this case, laser treatment is an excellent option for minimizing the appearance of your scars.
Dealing with acne is unpleasant, and chances are that you don’t cherish those memories. Laser technology can help you get rid of acne scars, which are an unpleasant reminder of a condition you have had in the past. Finally, you can get the clear, even skin tone you’ve always wanted. Get in touch with our facial cosmetics office in Chicago, IL today to arrange a consultation.